Muesli

Ingredients:

-oats
-cinnamon (to taste)
-Pumkin seeds
-sunflower seeds
-natural almond flakes
-dried cranberries
-goji berries
-shredded coconut

You can either make it fresh each morning or mix all the ingredients together and store in an air tight container (super convenient for busy mornings!)

-Lastly pour over milk, soy milk, almond milk or your choice of liquid!!

Enjoy!

Soph xx

 

Advertisements

Clean eating

I’ve always been interested in food. And I’ve always loved being active.

About two months ago I came across the term “clean eating” and didn’t give it much of a second though. 95% of the time I eat really well. The other 5% would consist of dinners out, the occasional junk food and the lolly/ chocolate jar at work that haunts me- let me tell you at 3pm it is hard to resist that Caramello Koala just three steps away from your desk…

Anyway. Somehow I came across clean eating about three weeks ago- only this time I noticed it. I go to the gym about 4 times a week, run at least twice and play netball and I work hard. But my figure doesn’t budge in the slightest. So after a few hours of reading, researching and looking at all the wonderfully delicious recipes online I decided to eat as cleanly as possible. And you know- it hasn’t been too hard.

I’ve just had to alter small things that I haven’t really missed. Bread was the big one for me- but I haven’t had any since and honestly I don’t miss it- the only thing I am missing is any bloating!! When I do feel like bread I have a mountain wrap instead. They may not be 100% clean but with only 4 ingredients they come fairly close!

I must admit it was hard in the mornings. In summer I always have a smoothie for breakfast- that would be easy and clean. BUT it’s the middle of winter and I’ve been wanting something more comforting…

So I looked over and over in supermarkets but everything- even the “natural” muesli was loaded with sugar, vegetable oil and things I can’t even pretend to pronounce. I headed to a health food store last week and found a variety of muesli that seemed good- but ridiculously expensive. So I set about making my own.

And it is delicious!

(I will post the recipe next!!)

So wish me luck and hope I don’t stray!

Soph xx