2013 was a pretty big year for me, I had an overseas holiday in March, graduated university in June and did many awesome things. I had something to look forward to.
We’re week into 2014 and sure I’ve got birthdays and holidays but that’s not the same as a three week vacation. I’ve realised that I haven’t got anything to look forward to this year.
I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions- if you want to do something then do it, it doesn’t matter when it is. However this year I have come up with 21 Aspirations for 2014– not to be confused with resolutions. To have a resolution is to merely have a firm decision to do or not do something. Instead I aspire to do things, meaning I have great ambitions and goals.
While I’m well aware that I may not achieve some things on the list, or I may forget or not get a change to try- I will learn new things and push myself. Life is all about pushing your limits.
21 Aspirations for 2014
- Run a half marathon
- Accomplish hand stand push ups
- Stop getting blisters from CrossFit (I think this is more wishful thinking…)
- Cook a new meal once a month
- Face my fears
- Go camping
- Plant a veggie patch
- Budget and save $$ !!
- Plan and save for Nepal/India/Sri Lanka 2015
- Pay off my car loan
- Study something more
- Read more
- Discover more about Buddhism
- Be positive. Everyday
- Start learning French again
- or Spanish
- or Greek
- Try hot yoga
- Do a detox
- Have a week without social media
- Forgive and forget. Don’t hold resentment or negativity inside you!
So I’ll try, I may fail. I may even write about some of my efforts. And hopefully this will give me something to look forward to- new challenges and experiences. 2014 come at me!